The president asked that if others had a plan for the budget , to let him know. I have a plan.
- Cut business taxes to 12%. Businesses do not pay taxes, they pass them on. Tax is a cost of doing business. They are either passed on to customers in the form of higher prices or lower quality, passed on to employees in the form of layoffs, lower salaries or higher production rates, or taken from stockholders in the form of lower dividends. We have the second highest corporate tax rate in the Western world. It needs to drop like a stone.
- Allow health care insurers to sell across state lines. Let them treat the entire nation as one large “group”. Require that they cover pre-existing conditions and catastrophic illness. Continue Medicaid to cover needs based people. Eliminate employer based health insurance. By using the nation as a group, prices will be lower than stopping sales at the state line. Employers will be able to pay their cost of insurance directly to the employees. They will also save the cost of administration of insurance, allowing prices to fall, salaries to increase or dividends to raise.
- Drill here, drill now! Expand current forms of energy production. Just the announcement will panic OPEC and force them to keep prices at least as low as they are now. They will hope we go slow and continue to import from them for several years. Have research into alternative sources of energy proceed, but don’t invent “green” jobs. Let the market determine the rate of growth.
- Keep the Bush tax cuts in place until passage of the FairTax. In addition to it’s other advantages, the Fair Tax will solve the funding issue for Social Security and Medicare.
- Did I mention, no more bailouts!! No more federal interference with business.
- Have all departments of the federal government audited by Clark Howard and Herman Cain.
- Eliminate all programs that are not authorized by the Constitution of the United States of America.