I took a break this afternoon from my petunia planting, to check out the new ice cream parlor that opened nearby less than two weeks ago. Their sign says “24 flavors of soft serve ice cream.”
Okay, it’s not really ice cream if it’s soft serve, but it’s worth a try anyway. I asked for their recommendation, and they said a peach smoothie was their favorite. I took their advice. Good choice. I will go back, maybe often.
I could enjoy the ice cream more if it would warm up, though. Here it is the third week in May and the high today was only 60. Not only that, it’s supposed to be in the 60s till the end of the week. Then it will make it into the 70s and maybe an 80 reading over the weekend, before falling back down again! Good grief! It should be warm by now and I’m tired of waiting.
So, I checked the weather in St. George, figuring I will be flying there in three weeks and it has to be warm there. Right? Oh yeeaaah. It’s 97 degrees there right now.
But wait. What’s this? Tomorrow’s high is 72? Then the highs are going to be in the 60s for several days? Then the 70s again? Gahhh! Al Gore will not be happy! Hmmm. Maybe it’s what we used to call, years ago when I was young, WEATHER. It changed from year to year, from decade to decade, from century to century (no I’m not that old, but some records are).
On another note, the township work session scheduled for this evening has been cancelled because one of my fellow trustees is out of town and the other had to take his mother to the hospital this afternoon after she fell in her home. I hope she is okay. I will get to leave early (read: in the daylight) for once to go to Doug’s, though.
I am taking beads and things with me to make jewelry for the wedding, although we may have to do that next week. Z~ and I will be coming home tomorrow so I can attend a meeting and won’t go back until Friday so she can spend some time playing with cousins. (Come down Thursday if you can, Elaine.)
Doug is coming down over the weekend, at least for a couple days so he can be here Sunday when tentative plans are to bless Katie’s youngest in church. I haven’t heard yet whether she was able to finalize those plans.