We’re Off to See the Wizard and Expose His Sorry A . . . hem
Posted by E. on March 3, 2009
I am a big fan of Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged.
I am a fan of Patrick Henry (he of “Give me liberty or give me death” fame).
I am also a big fan of Glenn Beck.
While Ms. Rand and Mr. Henry can do little more than spin in their graves at the moment, Glenn Beck is, fortunately, alive and well and taking action.
Shall we join him?
He is spearheading a campaign he calls “We Surround Them.” The premise is this:
Do you watch the direction that America is being taken in and feel powerless to stop it?
Do you believe that your voice isn’t loud enough to be heard above the noise anymore?
Do you read the headlines everyday and feel an empty pit in your stomach…as if you’re completely alone?
If so, then you’ve fallen for the Wizard of Oz lie. While the voices you hear in the distance may sound intimidating, as if they surround us from all sides—the reality is very different. Once you pull the curtain away you realize that there are only a few people pressing the buttons, and their voices are weak. The truth is that they don’t surround us at all.
We surround them.
Mr. Beck sites nine principles and 12 values, and says if you agree with at least seven of the principles, then you have something in common with him, and he invites you to join him in making your voice heard. The principles are:
The Nine Principles
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
- Hard Work
- Personal Responsibility
If you want to join in the We Surround Them movement, send a digital photo of yourself to: email@example.com . Also, make sure you check out Glenn’s website (which I’ve linked above in boldface type) to see if there is a viewing party in your area for the We Surround Them kickoff show on March 13.
It’s time to join together and kick a little wizard a . . . hem.